Instructions for Authors
FINAL PAPER SUBMISSIONS:
PAPER LENGTH (Guidelines for formatting your paper)
All papers for the Proceedings should not exceed 8 pages in length, single-spaced.
Submit your FULL PAPER to vlada[at]fmi.unibuc.ro.
- All papers must be typed in Microsoft Word using Times New Roman and a 11-point font.
- All papers must be typed, single-spaced, on regular A4 paper (21 x 29.7 cm), and fully justified.
- Margins should be set to 4.4 cm top and bottom, 3.7 cm left and right.
- No headers, footers, or endnotes.
- Use italics in place of underlines.
- The first paragraph after a heading should not be indented. In the second and following paragraphs the first line should be indented 0.5 cm and do not skip lines between paragraphs.
- All major headings should be bold, capitalized, set to 12-point font, and with one space around headings.
- All sub-headings should be bold, left justified with an initial capital for each word (Title case), set to 11-point font.
- Check grammar and spelling of the manuscript.
For technical problems or submission support, please contact vlada[at]fmi.unibuc.ro.
Unformatted text version:
Papers authors are asked to prepare the work presentation in PowerPoint/WEB, or Word/PDF. For each work they'll have 15-20 minutes.
In the Conference room the authors will have a computer connected to Internet and a video projector.
You will need to prepare some PowerPoint slides to support your presentation.
The presentation will be around 20 minutes, with 5 minutes allowed for discussion. Think in terms of the following slides:
- A title slide – Name, Title and what the paper is about
- One slide with the hypothesis you want to investigate
- 2 or 3 slides covering your current research plan
- You should not require any more than an absolute maximum of 10 slides – this would mean talking to each slide for only two minutes
- It is generally distracting to the audience to have too many slides in a short presentation
We recommend that you also bring with you a copy of the presentation on a data stick or other portable memory device.
Oral presentation instructions
Each talk is 20 minutes long. It is recommended to use 20 minutes to present and 5 minutes to discuss.
The following points should be taken into consideration when preparing your oral presentation:
• Ensure that you are available at least 30 minutes before the session commences on the day of the conference.
• The equipment available will be PC and Data Projector.
• The recommended software to be used is PowerPoint.
Poster presentation instructions
Poster sessions will provide an opportunity for the authors to display the results and conclusions of the presented paper.
Your poster will be exhibited during the conference.
Posters will be listed by session in the Conference Programme.
Authors are expected to be at their poster when its session is scheduled.
• Dimensions and format
The poster can be up to 1.3 m high x 0.9 m wide. We will provide materials for attaching posters. However you can bring your own if you prefer.
Your poster should be readable from a distance of 1.5 meters.
It is recommended to provide small envelopes for distributing your business cards and collecting business cards of those who request additional information. This is a good way of inviting and encouraging interactions with your audience. You may also wish to provide copies of a short summary of your presentation for distribution.